I will be implementing a new system that I have created to help promote role playing in our game to help us get in character more and enjoy the over all experience of the game. Below is the rules on how to earn DM Points and what you can do with them.
The points awarded and the cost of items are subject to change as this is a new system and a balance needs to be developed.
- Only the DM can award points.
- The only way to earn points it though role play through out the gaming session and is some cases outside the game.
- Points have to be spent before the game starts. Once the game has started then DM points are locked until the next session.
- If you do not use the purchased item during the session, your points will be refunded. You will have to spend the points again at the start of the next session.
- If you are using one of the abilities or items from your point buy please remind the DM to stop confusion.
The easiest way is to post in your character journal after each gaming session but before the next one. So if we play weekly then you have one week to post a journal entry from your characters point of view. Please make it worth the read for the other players and people that are not in the game. It gives us an inside look at your character and what his/her thoughts are. Trust me, you will learn to get into character a lot more if you decide to do this. I’ve done this once before and it was amazing what people wrote. I would log onto the site just to see what people posted. One issue is that you can’t post directly to the wiki on the page, so I will set up a place on the Forums for people to post then I will transfer it to the journals section.
Items to Purchase
The following are some of the things you can purchase with DM Points. This list can change from week to week as more ideas for items are added or subtracted.
- Skill Check Bonus
- Extra Healing Surges
- Reuse Second Wind, Encounter Power, and/or Daily Power.
- Wish list Item
- One Wish Spell (Use with extreme caution!!!)